Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Sync options not showing up
  • Hi, I have been using this app for about 6 months now and I love it. So far I have lost 15kg (approx 33lb) and this app has made it so much easier to follow the program than anything else I have tried.

Unfortunately I had to send my regular phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) in for a warranty repair 3 weeks ago. I am using a HTC Explorer loan phone for a few weeks with Gingerbread 2.3.5. I backed up to SD card, and put the card in the HTC, but could not get it to restore my previous data. I am resigned to all that info being lost, but now that I have a few weeks' worth of data in the loan phone I have signed up for a subscription so that I can sync it with the online account and then restore it to the Samsung when I get it back (hopefully soon!!).

Anyway, my problem is that I can't get the sync settings to show up. I have added my account details in the app, it shows up in the list of apps that are supposed to sync regularly, but I don't think it is actually doing anything. I watched your video and the error/options menu never showed up in the notification bar. I have tried deleting the account and re-adding it in case I missed something, but it is the same each time - it looks like it's set up, but it won't sync and does not come up with the sync options. Can you please help? Thanks :)
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    I'm not sure all the info on your original sdcard is lost. With new phones these days, the official "sdcard" location is used by internal memory, and the actual sdcard (if the phone has one) is in a nonstandard location. You need to do some manual moving of the files around sometimes.

That said, I'm not sure what's going on with you not getting the notification. It should happen the first time the app tries to sync, so maybe you need to go into the account and choose sync now from the menu. That should force it. There are also sync settings that you can access from system settings. You should be able to find an area to control sync frequency. You can bump that down to a low value to start with...

Let me know if you still have trouble.
  • Thanks for your help, I found the solution and it was something unrelated - this HTC has a tiny memory, and when it has low memory it won't sync any apps. After deleting a couple of other apps it is now syncing happily and my data is online :)

I have one more question - when I get the Galaxy back I will set up sync on that one, I understand the correct option will be to replace local data with remote data. Once that is done and I have the data on the phone, I will be adding food etc on the phone so presumably I will want it to sync in the other direction? How do I change that?

Thanks again for a great app and I am happy to pay such a reasonable fee for the extra options.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    That selection is only for the first sync. Once you have it set up, the sync will work both ways.
  • Oh cool, that's ok then! Thanks for your prompt answers.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    No problem! :)
  • I am having a similar issue! I transferred the SD card from my old tablet to my Galaxy Tab 3. I know that there were 4 WWDiary files on that card: 2 backups, 1 database & 1 ASEC file. I copied those files to my computer before I switched the card to the new device. I believe I have set up the account correctly, and have read many of the "syncing issue" posts and have watched the video. I also checked the application management setting for WWDiary and the notification box IS checked, but during setup the notification does NOT appear. My subscription status has lapsed [I had stopped tracking regularly & don't use the barcode feature]. Even so, WWDiary had been working fine with the old tablet. Now, however, all the favorites are gone and app will not sync. It seems to be working OK otherwise, as when I manually enter foods, the point values decrease. If I need to update my subscription status, no problem--$1 a month is certainly worth the price of this great app [although paying once a year would be more convenient]!! Help!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Red947 yeah in order to sync there needs to be an active subscription.

If you're just trying to move your files, make sure that your new tablet is looking for the files in the correct location. Some new android devices have the sdcard "internal" and they let you have another removable sdcard in addition. So the place the app looks could be considered internal and you'd have to move the files there.

I do have plans to make this easier, possibly by integrating with dropbox or google drive. But I need more time to work on what I've already put off far too long (website improvements)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion