Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
  • New to this. Debated on WW online or meetings. Trying this 1st. Any suggestions?
  • don't know what to do with my posts.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @janharris56
    I'll clean up the duplicates and leave this one for discussion.
  • patty1063patty1063
    Member, Tester
    I did WW on line for 14 months. lost 110lbs. but i hate paying the fee. i signed up on this site a year ago and never really committed. I"m getting married in May and need to start. I usually start on Sundays or Mondays, but decided --why wait! I'm starting on Thursday for a change. Good luck janharris56, WW are doable...even for me. I hate exercise, but have a bicycle now and will try that. I have really bad feet and walking is hard. I lost most of what I lost with little to no exercise just doing the food plan. I know i could have lost more if i had exercised. i did gain back about 20-30 depending on when i weigh, but i stayed about the same for a year before i started gaining back. you kinda have to commit to it like you have a disease....
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    I think the meetings are useful... at the very least to get acquainted with and learn the program. After that, all you need to do is follow the plan. Some people like the support of the meetings and continue going.

Some people prefer the online WW tools and don't mind paying for them. They are more polished than mine, though I'm working on that. They do charge much more and have more resources to work on it than I do though :)
  • patty1063patty1063
    Member, Tester
    I wasn't complaining about your app. at all. Its really good and usable. Best one out there.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @patty1063 Oh I know. I was just saying that janharris56 may want to go to a few meetings while using the app to get a good feel for the program. I don't think I would ever recommend to anyone that they jump right in with only the app and no past experience with a program.
  • wow, well i never did anything with the actual program, just started using this app, and in little under 4 mths lost 40 pounds. Would that be considered successful progress?
    Nice girls finish last but the reward is greater.
  • I never joined WW. i did learn the old point system and lost 50 lbs on it. of course not beaking the old habits that added the weight to start with... it alll came back. im back on the old point system and am losing again. The old system makes sense and is easier to follow for me. This app on my phone keeps me focused and "thinking"about my goal. i like this app!!
    which i ask the host.. will there be mods to show weekly points used and the target weight? Maybe the lbs lost and to go?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @SuthernMan

At the top of the WWDiary main screen you can see numbers on the right and left of your points for the day. The numbers on the right are weekly points and they display used weekly points for the week on top, and the total number of points for the week on the bottom.

Similarly, on the left, activity points is used over earned.

On the weight log screen you can longpress a weight entry and set it as a goal-start. When you have a goal start set, weight entries since then will show you an amount of weight lost or gained since the start of the goal.
  • Thank you for your response. I do see the weekly points total on the right but it doesnt deduct the points used? I use the old points system, using the formula from here, which is great btw... what do i have turned on or off i should'nt?
    I do not enter activity points used though, so both those are at 0. Looking at my settings, the
    "Old activity calc" is ON, "Custom food calc" is ON (and formula is entered", "Use old calc" is ON and "Use DPA calc" is ON. between my small screen on teh phone and my less than nimble fingers.. i may have pushed or hit somethng i shouldnt have?

Thank you for the Weight log screen help!. i didnt read or see how to do that. thats great! nice to see the slow drop and percentage.

Ive shared the app with more than a few people i know on a WW style plan. I like it!
    Thanks for your help
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @SuthernMan
    No it sounds like you have everything set up correctly. There is no mode that currently displays how many weekly points you have left. You can get that number by subtracting the bottom number from the top. I've had a few requests to change that, but I have a bunch of other stuff on my plate at the moment.
  • Well about that.. there is no number posted above the weekly allowance. just a 0? any ideas?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    are you able to screen shot it so I can see what you mean?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @SuthernMan or maybe like, take a picture of it with another phone or digicam

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion