Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Data from WW app off old cell phone and added to new cell phone
  • I got a new android and installed the WW Diary app on the new cell. The cell tech took the SD card off my old cell and put it in the new cell. When i go into WW Diary app on the new cell, my logs off my old cell phone do not show up. Do you know how I get the data back?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Do you still have your old phone?
    You need to back up your app data to the sdcard before you take the sdcard out. If you have the old phone, you can put the sdcard back in and then back up the database.

If you aren't comfortable doing this, you could also purchase a subscription to the forum here and sync your database on your old phone up to the forum. Then sync the data down on your new phone.
  • I just got the new Samsung Galaxy Note II, and transferred WW Diary to SD Card, it showed it to be backing up, but when I put the SD Card in the Note and tell it to restore it says there is not a backup file found. Please help me to fix it. Restore auto backup is grayed out so I am using the first one listed.

Thank you,
    Robin
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @jaredpsmom
    Your new phone probably has an internal "sdcard". This is quite common in newer phones.
    Try using a file explorer app like estrong file manager and find the com.canofsleep.wwdiary folder on your external sdcard and move it to the internal one first.

Let me know if you need more help.

The subscription service would also let you sync both phones up to the forum. You could push all of your data up with your old phone and then pull it back down on your new phone.
  • Thank you so much. When I moved it to the internal memory it now sees the file. Which backup database do I need to choose, the first or second one?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @jaredpsmom
    The one with no options. The manual backup/restore both use the same file, so that should work. The restore autobackup is for recovering from database upgrades, which automatically backs up the database before the upgrade, so you may have a few.
  • Thank you so much. I do want to subscribe in the future, but just do not have the money right now living on one income.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    No problem. Thanks for your future support :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion