Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Barcode Scanner in Canada
  • Can I ask how many subscriptions you have in Canada, or more specifically how many items are in the barcode database from Canada? As I understand it, the barcode scans are regional, meaning the same food in the US will have a different barcode in Canada, correct?

I previously had a subscription, but found that nothing I scanned was showing up, so essentially I was paying to build a database for others to use... After doing some more reading on this, I'm now wondering if it was a connection/subscription issue. I can't remember exactly what it said when I tried to scan items in though.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator

Can I ask how many subscriptions you have in Canada, or more specifically how many items are in the barcode database from Canada?

I'll have to get back to you on that. I don't have that metric handy.

As I understand it, the barcode scans are regional, meaning the same food in the US will have a different barcode in Canada, correct?

Yes.

I previously had a subscription, but found that nothing I scanned was showing up, so essentially I was paying to build a database for others to use... After doing some more reading on this, I'm now wondering if it was a connection/subscription issue. I can't remember exactly what it said when I tried to scan items in though.

I'll check to see how many canadian items I have. Let me get back to you.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Majikmonkie
    I still don't have the data on how many Canadian subscribers I have, I've been working on other features. I wanted to let you know I haven't forgot about the problem and I'm working on it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged