Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Barcode help
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't change your forum password?.
  • Hello I can't view my barcode on my WW diary...what do I need to do?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Holland I've split your comment out into a new discussion.

But I'm afraid I'm not sure what you are asking. What do you mean by view your barcode?
  • Hello i have a question how come when you scan a item it doesn't just come up or give you options to choose from like ww. I'm new to the site so I'm trying to figure things out.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @sjprice74
    In order to get all of the info that WW has available, I would need to pay a very high fee for access to a food database. I don't make enough money to do that, so when you scan what it tries to do is match against items that you've scanned before. If you have a subscription, it will try to match against a smaller, user-driven, database that I've been building. But it's not as complete as a paid one would be.
  • Have you heard of outpan.com? They have a database/API that's free for non-commercial use. I don't know what you think about that, but thought I'd throw it out there.
  • Also, all of the products I'm not getting from the WWDiary app are popping up on product-open-data.com. Maybe you could somehow incorporate that?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @royalt213 thanks for the heads on on product-open-data.com. I will look into it. It looks promising.
  • Thanks for all your work DDumont! This is great! I was really frustrated when I saw a similar solution disappear but was really excited to see your solution!!! Keep it up!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion