Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Feature Request: My Items Page
  • I'd love to be able to browse through and add/delete items I've manually added to my database.

Would be nice to have a separate page that lists the items you've added to the database (either all of them, or only ones you've added nutritional information for). As an additional feature, you could add or delete items to/from your database here (add a dummy post to your tracker on day 0 or something).

The reason for this is that I've been creating spreadsheets with nutritional information from restaurant menus that calculate points. It's a pain to look up information from the spreadsheets (through dropbox). I'm going to be adding these to my wwdiary database (using scripts and a method from another thread), but I'd also like to be able to use the app to scroll through the menu to decide what to order based on the point values. In the meantime, I think I'll just create a Tasker program that populates a scrollable list from wwdiary's database that I can look through.

To take it even further (in future releases), it would be nice to have a user created directory of databases (for each restaurants, food groups, etc. & perhaps a starting database with average nutritional info for common foods like rice, milk, eggs, chicken, etc). Users would then be able to browse through the available databases, and choose to download & merge to their personal/working database. Might be a bit of a pain to try and manage these databases, but I think it would add a whole new level of functionality to your already awesome program.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea, and I can make a few sample databases to start off with.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    I have plans for a list of foods, and better ways to find all of the occurrences of a particular food... for deleting or editing or whatever....

If you need help importing food into the database or have questions about the schema, please post and I'll answer them. I've been trying to make the subscriptions service better and get a bunch of food items (it actually has quite a few) searchable when you're entering in new foods manually... not just by using barcodes. That's rising fast on my list of things I need to get done.

In the meantime, if you have the means and know-how to script your own entries into your database, I can help you with that on the forum. Just make a post with your questions :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged