Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Programming environment
  • I am a seasoned programmer looking to start Android programming. Would you share the name of the programming environment you use to build wwdiary?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Eclipse :)
  • Are you using standard Eclipse? I also investigated MotoDev's version of Eclipse and App Inventor. I'm asking these questions because I find wwdiary innovative and an excellent UI.

Hope you don't mind a few follow up questions...
    Do you use any add-on, libraries, or such to make the job easier?
    What is your primary source of help for the Android API?
    I have found the documented API on the web, but am wondering if you have any reference books you consider valuable?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    I just dove right in with the web ui. I think I started out with a book, but android was pretty new and it wasn't that great.

I use standard eclipse with the dev tool plugin from google. The instructions on their site are pretty simple and easy to follow.

WWDiary has been quite a fun project for me, I think you'll have fun learning android.
  • I've been trudging along and have had some good and bad times developing in Android. I'm currently trying to get a different font to work. I see you got fonts to work in wwdiary. The Google API pages aren't helping me much. Do you perhaps have a link saved to how to get fonts to work correctly?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Typeface.createFromAsset(context.getAssets(), "font-name.ttf");

Assuming font-name.ttf is a file in your assets folder.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion