Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
wwdiary - version 5.0.4 posted to Android Market
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Long time no post! Here's version 5.

This comes with a bunch of internal changes in preparation for a few new features.
    Many of you will see some new permissions being asked for, like accounts, etc...

One of the new features coming up is integration and sync by linking up your forum account, so using the accounts system on your android phone is what is causing that.

I'll detail the upcoming changes in another blog post soon, for now, it's bed time.

Here's a link to the apk:
    http://forum.canofsleep.com/apks/WWDiary-v5.0.4.apk
  • Ever since this upgrade, Ww Diary is running very slow on my Droid X. There is noticable lag when using lookups.
  • tessler65btessler65b
    Member, Tester, VIP
    I'm getting the same kind of lag on my HTC Desire running Froyo 2.2.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    So you're both running 5.0.4?

What is slow exactly? Can you be a bit more specific?
    Typing in the food box?
    @tessler65b @Gayle
  • tessler65btessler65b
    Member, Tester, VIP
    Every tap drags. When I tap on the heart to display favorites, there is a hesitation. When I tap the chicken leg to enter a food name, there is a hesitation before the display changes, and again before the food list shows up after I type the first few characters. Tap OK to add the food, and there is a hesitation before my daily diary is displayed. Even going into the app, there is a hesitation before the daily food entries appear.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @tessler65b @Gayle can you let me know if the performance is any better with 5.0.5?
  • tessler65btessler65b
    Member, Tester, VIP
    Seems to be snappier, yes. The screens pop up faster. Of course, you know my billions of favorites slow that screen down anyway. hahaha But it does seem to be opening the food entry screen faster, and going back to the daily diary faster.

Thanks!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Glad to hear it!
  • tessler65btessler65b
    Member, Tester, VIP
    I think maybe I spoke too soon... ::sigh::
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @tessler65b What happened? Slow downs or crashes?
  • tessler65btessler65b
    Member, Tester, VIP
    It was still running slow. I don't know if there is something in the background that is helping to slow it down, but this version gets really draggy at times.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @tessler65b Can you be more specific about when you see the slowdowns? Is it when you transition from one screen to another? Which scenes? When using the auto-complete food entry box?
  • tessler65btessler65b
    Member, Tester, VIP
    Every tap had a drag associated.

Tap to load WWDiary - delay before displaying daily diary screen.
    Tap to add a favorite - delay before displaying favorites screen.
    Tap to add a food - delay before displaying entry screen.
    Start typing to add a food - delay before displaying drop-down list, and sometimes the list was so draggy that it would take two or three seconds to catch up to the last character typed.
    Tap OK to add food - delay before displaying the updated daily diary screen.

It was rough doing anything there for awhile!

Latest market version seems to be running faster, although there are still delays. Nothing like they were, though!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged