Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Website issues
  • Hi! I can access this forum (obviously) but when I go to the diary I get this error message -- Error communicating with the server. Please try again by refreshing the page later.

I keep trying but it's been like that for a day or two now. Is it being worked on? I thought someone else may have raised the issue here but now I'm wondering if it's just *my* problem. And I'm afraid my weight & food data etc has been lost. (Although it still appears ok the app on my tablet).

Hope things are ok and will get back to normal soon. Thanks!

Brenda
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Someone else reported this and I am investigating. I'm unsure if this is an issue with my server or an issue with paypal. Please stay tuned.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @kiwib please try again.
  • Just tried and it's still the same. I did CRTL F5 so I wouldn't get the cached version of the page, just to make sure, and it is still giving me that same error message. Thanks for getting onto it though!
  • I signed up yesterday and the subscription stayed as Inactive several hours after I paid. Today I too am getting the 'error communicating with server' message. My tablet shows that the data from yesterday synched this morning, but it doesn't show up in my account here and I haven't been able to add the account to my phone - not sure if it's because I'm still 'inactive' or because of the server issue? I really like this app as an alternative to the etools or carrying the calculator around ( I switched to the new points - I do well with change!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @kiwib I fixed some more things today. Please try again.

@PtboMissy I am investigating the issue you're seeing, I can confirm your subscription is active on the system despite what the button may say. I'll let you know when I know more.
  • Thanks - I have checked my laptop as well, using both Chrome and Firefox, just in case, but I'm still seeing Inactive. My tablet shows that it is syncing, but nothing shows up in my account here.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @PtboMissy I am seeing your subscription as active now in the UI. Can you check again?
  • Sorry, still getting: Error communicating with the server. Please try again by refreshing the page later.

thanks for trying. My data is still all there in my tablet, thank goodness :-)
    kiwib
  • My subscription now shows as active and my weight log has synced, but the points log shows 'error communicating with server' as reported by @kiwib. I haven't been able to connect to the account with my phone yet, but will keep trying. Thanks.
  • Update - I reinstalled the app on my phone and was able to sync with my tablet, so my points are now showing on my phone too. Just not showing up here in the log on the forum. Thanks.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    So only the point log is broken for you?
  • Yes. My points are syncing back and forth between my tablet and phone. The weight log correctly reflects what I entered on my tablet. The Points Log displays the message noted by @kiwib - Error communicating with the server. Please try again by refreshing the page later. Thanks for sorting things out so far. The app is great.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Pointlog should be functional again ( you'll need modern chrome/ff or ie11+)
    In order to get your timezone, I need new apis in modern browsers.
  • I just checked, and I am exactly the same as Missy. Weight data and graph all good... but the points are still showing the error message.

BTW I am using Firefox on my PC and Chrome on my tablet, and both are behaving the same. I too love the app and am happy to be a contributor. Sorry to burden you with this glitch; hope it's not too much of a headache to sort out.
  • Points log is working for me now. Many thanks.
  • Points log is broken for me. Same issue as describe in this thread.
  • Try refreshing the page a few times. Mine was broken too but finally, just now, I refreshed again and there at last was the log of my day's food! So happy! THANKS so much ddumont for your valiant efforts in getting this glitch sorted. You are ace!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    :) thanks!

Let me know if you guys are still having any problems.
  • Well I hate to say it, but I'm getting the error message again when I try to see the Points log :-( The weights are showing ok, but not the food diary. It's the first time I've looked for a few days (I use the app on my tablet most of the time). So it's not too much of an inconvenience. I'm glad the weights are working -- nice to see my progress on the graph!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    I'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting it!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion