Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Widgets stop updating after using WWDiary
  • Hi, I like the app but I've discovered that some of my widgets, including the WWDiary one, stop working after I've used the app. Those widgets include DigiCal, Water Your Body, and Silent Mode. The WWDiary, calendar and water apps will still work, I can still tap the widgets to access the apps and update data, but the widgets don't reflect the changes. The Silent Mode widget will only work once, then stops. Has anyone else had this problem? Can someone with one or more of the same apps duplicate it? My phone is a 2nd gen Moto X.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    So after using wwdiary once, all three widgets stop working? That shouldn't be possible... Hmm...
  • Not sure if it's just once, or a couple of times. Or maybe just once but it takes a little time for the widgets to stop working. Maybe there's a memory leak and when a threshold is reached it kills low priority threads?

Anyway, for the next few days I'm going to try to remember after using the app to go into cached processes and kill it, to see if that makes a difference.
  • Hi, it's confirmed. On a freshly rebooted phone, I confirmed the widgets were working, went into the WWdiary app, added 3 items from the Favourites list, exited the app, then went to Cached Processes and killed the app. The other widgets immediately stopped updating.

Forgot to mention I am on an unrooted phone, using Android 5.1.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Do you have a task killer app that frequently kills apps in the background? Does it happen if you don't kill the processes? That could lead to issues with the app.
  • Hi, no sorry no task killer. Nothing I installed anyway. I don't know if the Motorola version of the OS does things like that natively. Yes it also happens if I don't kill the processes.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Very strange. I have a 1st gen motox and I don't see that behavior.

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing in my app... as there's nothing I could do that would stop other apps widgets from updating. Perhaps a bug in android? Have you gotten the update to lollipop yet?
  • If you mean 5.1.1, no not yet. Up in Canada, I'm usually one of the last to get updates. I'm going to try one or two other things. If I come across something that helps I'll let you know.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion