Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
WWDiary: New Point Calculator
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator

Background

In November 2010, WW introduced a new points plan called PointsPlus™. Motivated by this change, and the desire to ease the burden of developing WWDiary, I've decided to only support the new formula.

I do however realize that many of my users do not use this system, whether it be because they do not live in the US or they just would rather use the older system. To this end, I've made the calculator very customizable so that those who wish to can use a custom formula.

Details

Settings

There is now a new page in the settings screen devoted to the custom formula.
    imageimageimage
    From canofsleep

By default, the calculator uses 4 values: Calories, Carbs, Fat, and Fiber.
    You can choose to use a custom formula in the calculator and specify which values you wish to use. These will show up in the calculator screen.

For a detailed explanation on the calculator formula, go here: http://www.canofsleep.com/wwdiary/point-formula
    For a discussion on older point formulas, or more potentially more accurate ones than the default included one, check here: http://forum.canofsleep.com/discussion/113/point-calculation-formulas/

Calculator

The calculator has been completely redone.
    imageimageimage
    From canofsleep

As you can see in the last image, if you previously had cal, fat, and fiber filled out in the calculator but you are using the new plan and the values are incomplete, you will be notified below.

The values here are listed in the order that they appear on food labels in the US. The hint text inside of them is especially important for people entering values in landscape mode. I couldn't seem to make it disappear while the soft keyboard was hidden.
  • THANK YOU!!!!! This program is, literally, a life saver. I really appreciate this so much.
  • Thank you for doing this so quickly!! If I had known you were going to release it so soon, I wouldn't have bought the points calculator at the WW meeting yesterday!! Your work on this is really appreciated.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    np :)
  • Thank you so much for this quick update! I was worried that I would have to work harder to keep on top of my tracking :D. I'm sure you put a lot of effort into application this over the last few days/weeks, so I made a donation as a thank you. Hopefully others will do the same to show their appreciation. You have made all of our lives easier!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @michelle thanks!
  • I would like to use the new food calculator, so I downloaded your update. However, now when I use the food calculator the following message shows: "Enter in food information:" Please help me figure out what I have done wrong. Thanks!
  • I can't get my daily points to change?. I set them to 29, but its still 22?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Uncheck the auto update preference in settings.
  • Weird how WW is being so secretive about how they determine individuals daily points. So they have no problem leaking info on their new points calculator but not a daily point limit? All I know is that the daily points are set at: 29 34 39 44 49 54 59 64 69 71. How you get placed to one of those point values is still a mystery.
  • There are more DPA values because mine is 33 and another gentleman has 31.
  • My husband has the online accessibility and his DPA figures at 57...he doesn't know "how" it was calculated yet since the online site did it automatically for him on Monday..but he plans on going to a local meeting on Saturday so he will have the new calc for me to figure mine since i'm not an "official" member but one who just does it along with him for support :)
  • thanks for the option to customize it, but i really wish you'd just have a check box to switch to the old formulas. this new system seems like nothing more than a massive money grab with no benefits. Makes me sad to see WW show their true colors. I'm still doing good with the old system so i'm going to continue to stick to it.
  • Since the update even with the custom calculation my point values are all messed up. Yesterday my cereal was 2 pts and double portion 5, but today when I put in calories 150, fat 1.75, and fiber 5. It tells me it is 8. HELP! I want to stick to the old way for now , because I am not officially on WW right now to save money, but am still on my weight loss journey.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Did you put in the old formula?
  • When I try to use the point calculator for the food, it gives me the message to enter food information, and gives me an ok or cancel button, what am I doing wrong? I would like to use the new system but I do not know how, so if someone has the time and could help me Id greatly appreciate it.
  • Woo Hoo, received the update! Keep up the good work! I discovered a minor typo on the settings page. The text for the Weekly Point Allowance states: Set to change the mount of ... I figure you meant amount. If that's the only bug, I'm extremely happy!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @bizcomputing Thanks! I'll fix that.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Princess do you not see the text entry fields for food values? if not, what phone do you have?
  • I am having the same problem as Princess. When I go to use the new food calculator the following message shows: "Enter in food information:" and no text entry fields appear. I have the Samsung Moment.
  • No I do not see the text entry fields, I have a Motorola Cliq.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged