Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Force close
  • Hey - your WWDiary app is great. The only problem is that it force closes on my G1 whenever I go back and change the points of a food item. After the force close, it does look like the new values are saved.

As a fellow Android developer, I know it can be tough to track these down. So, here is part of the log file that might be useful:

W/ActivityManager( 74): finishReceiver called but none active
    D/AndroidRuntime(20119): Shutting down VM
    W/dalvikvm(20119): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001da28)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception
    D/dalvikvm(20119): GC freed 3992 objects / 235032 bytes in 121ms
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): java.lang.IllegalStateException: mQuery SELECT _id, desc FROM descriptions WHERE (desc LIKE '%Cream Cheese%' AND type = 2 AND _id != ? AND _id != ?) ORDER BY desc ASC 2 1
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQuery.requery(SQLiteQuery.java:162)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.requery(SQLiteCursor.java:536)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.database.CursorWrapper.requery(CursorWrapper.java:211)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.widget.CursorAdapter.onContentChanged(CursorAdapter.java:361)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.widget.CursorAdapter$ChangeObserver.onChange(CursorAdapter.java:377)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.database.ContentObserver$NotificationRunnable.run(ContentObserver.java:43)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4203)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:791)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:549)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteMisuseException: library routine called out of sequence: handle 0x0
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteProgram.native_bind_string(Native Method)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteProgram.bindString(SQLiteProgram.java:178)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQuery.requery(SQLiteQuery.java:153)
    E/AndroidRuntime(20119): ... 14 more
    I/Process ( 74): Sending signal. PID: 20119 SIG: 3
    I/dalvikvm(20119): threadid=7: reacting to signal 3
    I/dalvikvm(20119): Wrote stack trace to '/data/anr/traces.txt'
    W/ActivityManager( 74): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{435696f0 com.canofsleep.wwdiary/.ItemEntryActivity}
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Thanks!

Can you try version 3.4.7 and let me know how that works for you? It fixed the problem on my phone and the emulator.
  • Since last two updates many force closures when entering points tho when I reopen the entry has saved. I'm on motor droid
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Are you running 3.4.7?
    And you get a force close when you enter a new point value? (You can check by going to the android market, and clicking on the downloads section. Then select WWDiary and look in the app screen to find the version you have installed)
  • Wow - that was fast! Just tried 3.4.7 and it fixed the problem of updating the points of an existing line.

Thanks!
    -Gregg
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Good to hear! And thanks for the donation! :D
  • You're welcome - great job with the app!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion